Image +44 203 223 0100 Mon - Fri: 9:00am - 6:00pm

Temporary Work

Temporary Work

Tier 5 of the current immigration system contains a range of sub-categories for those undertaking temporary work in the United Kingdom, for example interns, religious workers and sportspeople. These visas require sponsorship from an organisation that holds a

Tier 5 sponsor licence.

There will be no substantial changes to most of these sub-categories.

Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) may be extended on a reciprocal basis to the nationals of individual EEA countries.

Currently, those aged 18-30 from Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, South Korea and Taiwan are able to apply for a visa valid for two years which permits unrestricted work in the United Kingdom.

Tier 5 visa holders will now be able to switch into the Skilled Worker visa category from within the United Kingdom.