9 Tips for Employers
1. Review HR Process for compliance standards with sponsorship and right to work obligation.
2. Update and Identify HR Policy to include remote right to work checks and remote working
3. Review the The Right to work check policies which remain in place but with temporary COVID 19 allowances.
4. Ensure employer immigration compliance with right to work mock audits. Home office will continue sponsorship compliance visits
5. Review or apply for Sponsorship Licence, if recruited from EEA and the rest of the world after 2021.
6. Apply for licences or expandable licence is obtained before the New System.
7. If Employees need to be switched into an alternate Visa Category in early 2021, bring the Switching forward before the end of 2020 e.g. temporary Visas
8. Identify Employees who will be subject to the new immigration arrangements.
9. Review Sponsor Licence Management
Re-named Immigration Categories
Some immigration categories will be renamed and which include the following
|Current Immigration Category||Immigration Category from 1 January 2021|
|Tier 1 (Post-Study Work)||Graduate|
|Tier 2 (General)||Skilled Worker|
|Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer)||Intra-Company Transfer|
|Tier 4 (General)||Student|
|Tier 5 (Youth Mobility)||Youth Mobility Scheme|