Points Based System
The Government has introduced a points-based element to the Skilled Worker route, whereby applicants will need to score a total of 70 points to be eligible to apply and would be able to “trade” characteristics such as their specific job offer and qualifications against a lower salary.
Applicants will be able to earn below the minimum salary for the route provided they have a relevant, high-level qualification or their job is deemed to be one where the required skills are in short supply.
- English Language
- Immigration Skills Charge - paid by each UK Employee for their employed Migrant Worker under the Skilled Worker and Intra-Company Transfer routes.
- Immigration Health Surcharge
- Migrants from Overseas must demonstrate they have sufficient funds and paid for by the Applicant
- Applicant must show they have sufficient funds to support their families and themselves whilst in the UK.
- Immigration Route may be limited or capped on the number of migrants who can come to the UK each year.
- Migrants have the ability to remain in the UK on a different immigration route without the need to leave the UK and apply overseas. (Exceptions - visitors, short form visas)
- A successful Applicant can remain in the UK without immigration conditions or time restrictions(Indefinite Leave to remain) - . The different immigration routes count towards the years requirement.
- Dependants are the Spouses partners and Children under 18 of migrants
- Most migrants are will have no recourse to i public funds e.g. benefits
- Migrants migrants may take employment in addition to work or study hours (Subject to the immigration route requirement
|Offer of job by approved sponsor*||No||20|
|Job at appropriate skill level *||No||10|
|Salary of £25,600 or above||Yes||20|
|Job in a shortage occupation||Yes||20|
|Education qualification: PhD in subject relevant to the job||Yes||10|